According to the National Fire Protection Association, cooking equipment is the number one cause of home fires and home fire injuries with heating equipment being the second most common cause. Smart Switch Technology is the solution. The Smart Switch plugs into an electric outlet and then you plug the appliance into the Smart Switch. While smoke detectors and CO detectors give off a lifesaving warning, they are still passive devices. Smart Switch Technology reacts to the warning sound made by a smoke detector or carbon monoxide detector by actually turning off the device (toaster, curling iron, space heater, etc) that is at risk of igniting a fire. The Smart Switch works with all 110 volt appliances like a space heater, Christmas lights, toasters, etc. These are the biggest offenders of causing home fires. The next version will be a 220 volt Smart Switch and will work with your oven and dryer. Click here to learn more.